Monday, April 23, 2012

Diary of the Weekend-The Next Tomorrow


Although, I did not have time to post a blog for last week (my apologies to all concerned), I did manage to write down my thoughts and activites of the weekend. My weekend started at 8:00pm Tuesday night. Here is my diary of the first day...

4/17/12

So it’s the day before the day that I go with my 3 friends to see Straight No Chaser. Why? They are awesome. Need I say more? No. If you follow me on Twitter (hailcesar87) or are friends with me on Facebook, then you already know that I am super excited about this concert. It seems like yesterday that I sat at the computer waiting for the tickets to go on sale. I had been given the solemn task to purchase the tickets. I was super nervous because the pre-sale had ended a few days earlier which was before we could get the funds needed to buy the tickets. I figured we might get lucky and end up in Row D but more than likely we’d end up in Row G. All of us wanted to be on the main floor if possible. Those were my orders: Get tickets on the main floor as close as possible. I pulled up Ticketmaster.com and found the page to purchase the tickets. I looked at the time and it said 9:59am. I had one more minute until the tickets officially went on sale. I entered in the number of tickets and chose the Best Available option. By that time it was 10am, so I clicked Find Tickets. I nervously waited the results hoping that we hadn’t missed out on some good seats by not getting in on the Presale. My heart sank as the screen popped up and said Row XA. I knew we had waited too long. I looked at the seat chart trying to determine if it would be better to sit in the balcony instead of the main floor. I became confused when I realized that the main floor went only up to Row DD or something like that. I frantically searched for the row we had been given as the time ticked down in the lower right hand corner. I had 3 minutes and counting to figure out where we were going to sit or we would lose those tickets and I would have to start over. I reviewed the chart again and couldn’t believe what I saw so I did a double take. We had scored tickets in the very, very front row. The nervousness was quickly replaced by giddiness. I hurriedly moved on to the next screen to secure those seats before the time ran out. I still can’t believe that we have seats in the very front row on the main floor. Last time I went to see Straight No Chaser (SNC) we had front row seats but they were in the balcony. We were super high off the ground and I had to sit sideways the whole time due to the railing being too close to the seats. We were not going through that again. A few weeks later the tickets arrived and I almost lost them. That story is for tomorrow. See you soon,

Christa


1 comment: